[Coco] origins of OS-9

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:08:34 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Aaron Wolfe
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:46 PM

Hi,

I'm writing an article about OS-9 for a "retro computing" magazine.
I'm interested in exactly how and why OS-9 came to exist and any
related stories.

--------------------------

  A long time ago in a place far away, I seem to recall...

  I read somewhere that the origin of OS9 for the COCO was initiated by
Motorola.
  I'm sure the motivation was sales of chips.
  The way I remember this is that Motorola was already hooked up with both
Tandy and Microware. Motorola negotiated some sort of understanding and OS9
was released for the 64K Color Computer.
  I have no clue of the origins of OS9 except for what I've just told y'all
and, that's just rusty memory.

  I think my "wet RAM" may have dried out and now it's rusting and corroding
and ...

George