[Coco] restore of the coco3.com gallery underway

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Mar 13 23:13:03 EST 2010

Over the years there have been several installs and rebuilds of the
CoCo Gallery which used the gallery2 system.  Some were dismantled in
those crashes the site had, but the directories are still there.  The
g2data has either been downloaded here or is still on the server.

I'm installing yet again the latest gallery2 as a plug-in for
WordPress.  I see there is a gallery3 beta version but I'll wait
until they release a stable version before I decide on that.

Anyway, I'm recovering hundreds of pics in numerous user albums that
were in the old gallery directories so I can reupload them into a
fresh install that's part of WordPress.

Some of these albums are the CoCoFest albums which have hundreds of
pics.  Other albums were uploaded by users of the old site system and
I those will be recovered as well, with the album owner issue
pending.  I'll have to claim them until I figure out what current
user nickname the old album belongs to, and give them ownership as I
did with a lot of the old archives forum messages.

Each member of coco3.com should have his own album if all goes
well.  I really like WordPress and I plan to stick with it.  Frequent
backups of the entire coco3.com system are made and downloaded, and I
just feel that finally there is the best system in place for what the
site offers. There are so many WP plug-ins it will make your head
spin.  Discovering that G2 can be embedded made me feel more at home
again with the site.

--
~ Roger Taylor