[Coco] Another 'rare' opportunity on eBay

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Thu Jun 24 05:48:16 EDT 2010

RGB-DOS provides for 4 hard drives useing the Disto hard drive adapter.
That requires two Adaptec SCSI to MFM converter boards, with two drives each
AND a little known trace cut on one Adaptec board.  Disto's floppy drive
controllers and the RAMdisk used a Mini-Expansion Buss that the hard drive
adapters converted to a modified SASI pinout.  The Cable spreads the control
and data signals our to the ends of the SASI buss.  The middle lines in the
SASI buss were for future expansion.

As to the Tandy hard drive "adapter", It does not have a ROM.  Therefore it
must use the software in the drive's controller and software in the computer

Bruce W.