[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:23:19 EST 2010

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> One thought, do you have ConfigAutosave turned off in config.xml?
> That has to be on if you want to use the GUI, and having it off might
> cause the disconnect between what you see in the GUI and what's in the
> config.xml.

I had no such tag in my config.xml (predates this round of testing).  I
added it - no difference.  Then, I replaced it with the config.xml from
CVS.  This came up with no device chosen and, again, went into a
continuous loop when I tried to set /dev/ttyUSB0.  Absolutely NO settings
I make on the UI are being preserved, either in the dialogs or in the XML
file.

It's now throwing an exception when I bring up the instance dialog in the
UI:

com.groupunix.drivewireui.DWUIOperationFailedException: Null result from
server
 	at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.UIUtils.loadArrayList(UIUtils.java:31)
 	at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.InstanceConfigWin.loadCombo(InstanceConfigWin.java:163)
 	at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.InstanceConfigWin.loadSettings(InstanceConfigWin.java:151)
 	at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.InstanceConfigWin.open(InstanceConfigWin.java:90)
 	at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.MainWin$32.widgetSelected(MainWin.java:695)
 	at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
 	at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
 	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1176)
 	at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3493)
 	at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3112)
 	at com.groupunix.drivewireui.MainWin.open(MainWin.java:173)
 	at com.groupunix.drivewireui.MainWin.main(MainWin.java:86)

(Told you I can break anything!)

Steve