[Coco] Thermal Roll Paper for TP-10

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Mon Dec 20 18:40:43 EST 2010

On Dec. 20, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> The following is a link to suitable paper:
>
> http://www.paperrollsplus.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=41876
>
> thing is that they sell it per case, 25 rolls to the case. Perhaps a
> call
> would produce a better deal for you.

I'll be in thermal paper for life if I buy the case!  Thanks for the
tip.

Yeah, I realize that thermal paper is the antithesis of archival
quality.  I just wanna be able to play with the printer a bit.  Might
be fun to hook up to the serial port of a microcontroller, too.

I've put together a pretty complete MC-10 system, now.  Haven't come
across any of the software packages for auction, though.  I'm curious
about what other upgrades one could come up with for the computer--it
never really received any consideration back in the day
(understandably so).  Assumedly it would be possible to build some
kind of ECB-like ROM, or perhaps add new inputs through its expansion
port (e.g. joysticks).  I believe the CPU has a built-in UART,
although it isn't wired up for use.

-- Jean-Paul