[Coco] LHA question

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 26 17:41:14 EST 2010

Greetings all;

I am trying to make lha do a project that may well be beyond its means as
it will take it several days to do, but the error its throwing makes
nada/zero/null sense to me.

On a drive that has had lots of use with multivue, there are going to be
otherwise identical AIF.whatever files by the hundreds laying around, each
copy in its own subdir.  This should _not_ be an error and lha should just
collect it, putting it in the correct sudbir structure of the output .lzh
file.

But it has had a litter of about 17 cows so far over duplicate files in my
attempts to make a backup of the full maxtor-7120s image.  Example:

{t2|07}/S1:lha a maxtor.lzh -p9 /dd/maxtor/ -r

Creating archive : maxtor.lzh

Same names in another path : 'AIF.doc'
LHA Error #2
ERROR #001

{t2|07}/S1:

And of course the archive is not created.

If I leave the -r off, then it does the root directory just fine, but
without any recursion into the dozens of subdirs that exist in that image.

Am I yet doing something wrong and need a slap upside the head, or what?
Or is lha211c really that badly broken in this regard?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)