[Coco] SQL file was posted

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Sep 8 12:53:31 EDT 2009

At 07:33 AM 9/8/2009, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Roger Taylor<operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> > Folks, I'm waiting on Dennis to approve the e-mail I just sent to the list
> > with the attached 2007 CoCo Forums SQL data.
> >
> > There are many other people on the web involved in Forum-to-WordPress
> > conversions for various old spam-infested forum systems, so I don't feel as
> > pressed now.  I see a lot of IPB and phpbb2 to WordPress questions out
> > there.  The 2007 forums is IPB and the current forums which will be ported
> > into the new system as well, is phpbb2.
> >
> > Once everything is translated into the new WordPress-based
> CoCo3.com, I feel
> > like we're set for a long time to come, with one system, Many plug-ins and
> > import functions, and lots of CoCo ideas to come.
> >

>WordPress seems to have it's own share of trouble... just saw this today:
>
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/07/wordpress_worm/
>
>"Among those hit by the latest attack was tech blogger Robert Scoble,
>who lost two months of blog entries as a result. Scoble was hit by a
>similar attack a couple of months ago, and is now considering a switch
>to different blogging software."

.... where spammers lurk as well

As I said, there's no safe place on the web.  Being that I run a CoCo
site with no personal information linking to anything critical in
life, we Lose Nothing in an attack... we restore from a backup, block
or delete the offending Script Kiddies, and move on... that's the
only way.  We're SAFE no matter what system the occasional hacker or
spammer gets lucky with one long boring night for him.  I've fought
the fight for years and can't quit now, and moving to different
systems to get away from the cat-mouse game never works.  I'm moving
to a new system because the old ones were very hard to Grow the site
with or change content easily.  WP has good security plug-ins.

If the WordPress people themselves were hacked, it was because this
is what terrorists do, they use every resource possible to bring
somebody down.  Some of the MAJOR web services recently have also
bitten a few bullets, and they're supposed to be hacker
proof.  Hogwash.  A hacker is probably browsing through your MySpace
or Facebook info right now and you'd never know it.  Those are the
sites to worry about because our whole life is being advertised along
with our personal account info.  Google is committing the worst crime
of the century by knowing every move you make and who you are, and
we're worried about a spammer getting by with one or two posts a year
at coco3.com?  I'll keep kicking their butt, don't worry.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.americafedup.com