[Coco] SQL file was posted

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:33:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Roger Taylor<operator at coco3.com> wrote:
> Folks, I'm waiting on Dennis to approve the e-mail I just sent to the list
> with the attached 2007 CoCo Forums SQL data.
>
> There are many other people on the web involved in Forum-to-WordPress
> conversions for various old spam-infested forum systems, so I don't feel as
> pressed now.  I see a lot of IPB and phpbb2 to WordPress questions out
> there.  The 2007 forums is IPB and the current forums which will be ported
> into the new system as well, is phpbb2.
>
> Once everything is translated into the new WordPress-based CoCo3.com, I feel
> like we're set for a long time to come, with one system, Many plug-ins and
> import functions, and lots of CoCo ideas to come.

WordPress seems to have it's own share of trouble... just saw this today:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/07/wordpress_worm/

"Among those hit by the latest attack was tech blogger Robert Scoble,
who lost two months of blog entries as a result. Scoble was hit by a
similar attack a couple of months ago, and is now considering a switch
to different blogging software."

more at http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/old-wordpress-versions-under-attack/

I guess the general lesson learned is upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.

BTW I'd still like to play with moving your old post data into
wordpress if you want to send the sql dump.

-Aaron