[Coco] Emulator

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Sep 8 09:07:16 EDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 10:13 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> It is a technique I used when I wrote myram, a ramdisk for coco3's.
> I could
> actually use 1.5 or 1.7 megabytes of the 2 megs in my machine as a
> ramdisk by
> such paging.  Coupled with an automatic initialization (formatting)
> when
> accessed the first time, which took about 100 milliseconds to do,
> and a full
> 100% removal when you were done with it, I thought it would be the
> killer
> ramdisk for expanded coco3's, but it hasn't caught on for some reason.

Gene, if you want to integrate myram into the NitrOS-9 project, feel
free to do so.  I don't have time to do it myself, but am all in favor
of replacing the Tandy-supplied RAM disk with something more robust.

Refresh my memory on exactly how myram is different from Tandy's
offering.  Is it smaller in size?  Do you need different descriptors
for different RAM disk sizes?  I'm looking for a general set of
enhancements/differences.

Boisy