[Coco] Emulator

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 09:09:50 EDT 2009

Mark McDougall wrote:
> TP Reitzel wrote:
>
>> We need an emulator to replace MESS. For almost a decade, MESS has had
>> recurring problems with regressions, etc.

Whilst part of that is MESS (and MAME from which it is derrived), trying
to be all things to all machines. I've also seen regressions with other
emulators too.

>>                                           Personally, I just can't deal
>> with it much anymore. Various toolkits are employed which just worsens
>> the situation with regressions. Frankly, I have a lot of venting to do
>> about MESS, but I'll hold my tongue.
>
> Seriously dude - venting? I'd suggest if you're really unhappy with
> MESS, then you should simply ask for your money back.

Indeed, what is your problem with the MESS CoCo driver ?

Whilst I don't want to hear ilogical ranting, any constructive comments
about MESS or it's failings will be listened to. Though one thing that
does help is if a fault/bug is reproducable.

Half the problem with fixing faults (and not just with computers), is
getting a fault report that doen't amount it "IT'S BROKE FIX IT!".

Cheers.

Phill.