[Coco] Emulator

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 5 21:53:11 EDT 2009

TP Reitzel wrote:

> We need an emulator to replace MESS. For almost a decade, MESS has had
> recurring problems with regressions, etc. Personally, I just can't deal
> with it much anymore. Various toolkits are employed which just worsens
> the situation with regressions. Frankly, I have a lot of venting to do
> about MESS, but I'll hold my tongue.

Seriously dude - venting? I'd suggest if you're really unhappy with MESS,
then you should simply ask for your money back.

> We need a
> portable, e.g. SDL, fully implemented emulator for all CoCos whether it
> simply emulates historical machines (CoCo 1-3) or contains newer features
> as well...

What makes you think that Yet-Another-Coco-Emulator is going to solve the
problem? If there isn't already someone with the knowledge and the interest
in getting the MESS driver updated, or Vcc for that matter, then I don't see
where you'll find someone with the skills and interest in starting a new,
cross-platform emulator for Coco 1,2 & 3 from scratch.

Regards,