[Coco] Assembler Question???

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Sep 2 15:38:55 EDT 2009

On 2 Sep 2009 at 14:25, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Somewhat relevant to this discussion is the fact that today I received
> my textbook in the mail, "Synthesis of Arithmetic Circuits: FPGA, ASIC
> and Embedded Systems" for a graduate class I am taking this fall.

Boisy

Good Luck in the class. I bet that the class will center more around using Verilog than
VHDL. From what I remember from where I worked before, Verilog was prefered over
VHDL for ASIC designs. That maybe based on the fact that most of the cell libraries
were in Verilog and dsigning ASICs was becoming more of wiring up a bunch of black
box cells and off to the fab house the ASIC went after simulation.

My HDL coding for hobby and something to do in my retirement days. Never to old to
learn something. Well maybe one day I may tackle C/C++.

james