[Coco] Off Topic. But for your safety.

Brian Goers briang0671 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 29 12:05:07 EDT 2009

To: everyone
If I offended someone. Sorry

My sister received this from a truck driver and I wanted forward it.
If nothing else make us aware.

I usually look over my van before I get in myself.
  Warning..!!!!                  Warning..!!!!           Warning..!!!!

  Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a  public
  parking area. As we drove away I noticed a  sticker on the
  rear window of the car. When I took it  off after I got home,

  it was a receipt for gas.  Luckily my friend told me not to
  stop  as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of  the
  car Then we received this email  yesterday:

                        WARNING  FROM POLICE

  THIS  APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
  BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR  VEHICLE--
  NEW  WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

  Heads up  everyone! Please, keep this circulating... You  walk
  across the parking lot, unlock your car and get  inside. You
  start the engine and shift into  Reverse.

  When  you look into the rear view mirror to back out of  your
  parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck  to the middle
  of the rear window. So, you shift into  Park, unlock your
  doors, and jump out of your car to  remove that paper (or
  whatever it is) that is  obstructing your view. When you reach
  the back of  your car, that is when the carjackers appear out
  of  nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They  practically
  mow you down as they speed off in your  car.

  And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse  is still in the car.
  So now the carjacker has your  car, your home address, your
  money, and your keys.  Your home and your whole identity are
  now  compromised!

         BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT  IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of  paper stuck to your back window, just
drive away.  Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
read  this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends  and
family, especially to women. A purse contains all  kinds of
personal information and identification  documents, and you
certainly do NOT want this to fall  into the wrong hands...

                        Please  keep this going
                        and  tell all your friends

--
Brian Goers
Glenside Computer Club

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man
 who can't read them."--Mark Twain