[Coco] Please be kind to my FTP!

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Sun May 17 07:24:27 EDT 2009

Hi all,

There's been a lot of enthusiasm for the latest uploads to CoCo FTP
site at maltedMedia.

But **please** be kind. If you don't really intend to read all that
stuff cover-to-cover in the next few days, let it sit and grab just
the document you want to read.

Over the past 48 hours downloads have reached 60GB for those new,
very big PDFs. When I hit my monthly 500GB bandwidth limit, I start
paying $1/GB overcharges. The CoCo FTP section is now 95% of the
total demand on a server with 40 domains.

The free FTP site has been open for almost nine years, and the CoCo
list running for nearly six. The hard drive was upgraded two weeks
ago to accommodate those 20-plus GB in new files, and it is now
shadowed as well. The site is not in danger of disappearing, so
please build your personal archives s-l-o-w-l-y!

One more important thing: A big thank-you is owed. If you noticed the
maltedMedia FTP site is easier to browse recently, you can thank Tim
Lindner, who has been hard at work all week brilliantly reorganizing
the haphazard mess it had become!

Thanks,
Dennis