[Coco] Booting NitrOS-9 on a CoCo 3

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Thu Mar 26 11:32:50 EDT 2009

> On a more serious side, I think you should supply SS35 images of
> NitrOS-9 so that DriveWire or CoCoNet users can mount the boot img
> on drive 3, for example, and do a BACKUP 3 to 0 like I'm doing with
> the SS35 OS-9 images I have, to copy the boot disks directly to a
> real CoCo floppy.

Well, we tried to keep the distribution on 35 track single sided
images until it just finally got too big to fit on that sized disk.
Making a set of 35 track single sided disk images would really be a
PITA for us.   As you noted in your email, there are already a lot of
disk images to choose from, and 40 track DSDD is the minimum image
size we distribute in the NitrOS-9 Project for those reasons.

> I also didn't see /t2 loaded in NitrOS-9.  I would think that with
> these networking schemes starting to come into play that you would
> at least have the communications ports included in os9boot.

I thought it was, but I'll take your word for it.  Simple enough to
add, I may get to that sometime this weekend.