[Coco] Booting NitrOS-9 on a CoCo 3

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Mar 26 01:09:19 EDT 2009

At 09:17 PM 3/25/2009, you wrote:
>On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:02 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
>>At 08:42 PM 3/24/2009, you wrote:
>>>Alan,
>>>
>>>Glad to hear it was something simple.
>>>
>>>Hopefully this kind of good news will give other NitrOS-9 noobs like
>>>Roger Taylor some hope that they can get NitrOS-9 running on their
>>>systems.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Boisy G. Pitre
>>>--
>>

>>Absolutely riveting.  You made me giggle on that one, Boisy.  It's
>>not even worth it to defend with words.  I'll just take the low shot
>>below the belt and get back to coding.
>

>I'm sorry you took it that way Roger.  I was having a little fun at
>your expense, and I should have added a smiley to make it clear it was
>a poke at your prior comment.

No biggie.  I think anybody who even read the e-mail knew you were
just making a wise crack.  I was writing OS-9 code back when I was a
kid.  Don't kid yourself.  :)

On a more serious side, I think you should supply SS35 images of
NitrOS-9 so that DriveWire or CoCoNet users can mount the boot img on
drive 3, for example, and do a BACKUP 3 to 0 like I'm doing with the
SS35 OS-9 images I have, to copy the boot disks directly to a real CoCo floppy.

I also didn't see /t2 loaded in NitrOS-9.  I would think that with
these networking schemes starting to come into play that you would at
least have the communications ports included in os9boot.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com