[Coco] Coco serial cable

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Aug 29 14:36:59 EDT 2009

The very first printer I had was a surplus IBM PCjr thermal serial printer. Different serial printers want different signals for flow control sometimes, IIRC. There were a couple different ways to wire a 25 pin serial connector on the printer end. All I remember is there were about three lines that had to be tied together so the CoCo could control flow to the printer correctly. Some printers needed all three, some would work with only one. I'm sure there's something about that in "Tandy's Little Wonder".

--------
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:00:25 -0600
From: Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org>

Huh.  I've never (successfully) used a non-Tandy serial printer with
my CoCo.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"