[Coco] double-sided floppy setup in OS-9

Chad Hendon chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:47:13 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reference to the MESS WImgTool, I tried it on my OS-9 Level 01.01.00 (1980 copyright) but kept getting errors so I decided to try the NitrOS-9.  I was impressed to learn it included its own DMODE already on the double-sided image, which booted fine.  /D1, the second drive unit, also worked as a double-sided drive by default...cool.  This is great, but I would still like the ability to do just one side or the other as /D2 or /D3 or something.  I tried setting DMODE /D2 DRIV=01 SID=01.   This worked for accessing one side of the disk only as a drive, but can't figure out what setting switches to the other side without going back to double-sided setup.