[Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 17:19:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/28/2008 3:51:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
keeper63 at cox.net writes:

>With the 360, people had the ability to "use the future", 20 years  ahead
>of time. I don't know if any graphics displays were created for  use with
>a 360, but it would be interesting to find out.

Yes,  we used the tektronics displays.  They were monochrome  vector graphic
displays examples of which you can see in the original  version
of the Battlestar Galactica TV series.

I remember a party in  an off campus apartment
where they had a tektronic terminal connected to  the
main frame via acoustic phone modem and were doing
projectile  plots in a ballistics demo program while the
festivities raged.

I also  used HP graphic terminals to do chemical composition
analysis.

All  this was in the late 70's.   It was a great time....

Roy