[Coco] Dead on reading post.

Fri Sep 26 12:01:13 EDT 2008

None of the links you provide have any interest for me in the goal to
transfer some of the techniques and methods the "Lotus Magellan 2.0"
programmers used in creating the MSDOS 3.3 program to OS-9.
And other links also will not.

Yes, the search technique has been the most successful part of Magellan 2.0
that has survived, even the original programmers produced a program and
tried to sell it to me.

I often see other things that look like to me were present in Magellan 2.0
all the time, or started there and have evolved. Some parts of Magellan 2.0
have not.

There are things other than the search feature that are part of the
wonderful program for, again I say MSDOS 3.3, that has made me still use it
to this day.

While I have used it under Windows, you need to be in a time warp back in
time. And in the frame of mind that "The CoCo could do this", a 8088 is
about the power of the 6809.

Using MSDOS, not Windows!

Magellan’s search is one part that I do not use on Windows Vista, it has a
much more powerful technique for searching itself.

Note: I have in the past thought about "How did they do this" building a
model of Magellan’s internal structure. That is the most important part to
understand and transfer or use in our also 8-Bit computer.

SHF

"Robert Gault"