[Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:13:15 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <RJRTTY at aol.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

> Yes!  Back in '77 I watched as a plotter respond to a file  transmitted
> to it by a program run on an IBM370.   I have my own pen plotter  now
> which is as close as I will get to a real CNC machine for now due
> to cost of a good one.   The coco operates the plotter quite  well
> at 600 baud and is fun to watch.
>
> Roy

 I mounted a ball point pen (the part inside a clicker, cut short to fit) in
my dremmel to draw on paper as I develop this engraviing thing.
 I have to remember to stop leaving my protractor on the danged table when
starting another test. When the dremmel comes down onto the protractor, it
shoves the pen up into the dremmel and I have to reset the danged Z axis
again. A real pain.

George