[Coco] Drivewire mixed results...

Wed Sep 24 18:08:17 EDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> I could be wrong about drivewire not working with 98se, but has
> anyone here gotten it to work in that environment?  If only Boisy
> over at cloud9tech.com understood Linux, maybe there'd be a Linux
> version.  At least I know now that the serial cable works.
>
> Does anyone know how to create a blank dsk image?  I want to write
> my own programs and use drivewire in place of the traditional disk
> drive.

There's a barebones UNIXy command-line version of DriveWire Server here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drivewireserver/

I never got it working on a Mac, but maybe you'll have more luck under
Linux.

Command-line tools for working with RS-DOS and OS9 disk images are here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/

-- JP