[Coco] text mode (80x24) fonts?

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Thu Sep 18 20:13:45 EDT 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:50:19 -0400, Chuck Youse
<cyouse at serialtechnologies.com> had a flock of green cheek conures
squawk out:

>Ok, quick question.  What's the simplest way to tell OS-9 (GRFINT, or
>WINDINT, or whatever) that you want to use a different text font?  I'd
>like to use the CGA font in lieu of the standard font.  I like the
>pseudo-Helvetica..
>
>Assuming I can find a bit-dump of the CGA font .. shouldn't be too hard.
>
>C.

In text mode you can't change fonts.

But you can in graphics mode. Send the character sequence to the
current window/path: 1B 3A GRP BFN
Where GRP is group number and BFN is the buffer number for the font.

Stephen

--
Stephen

... Cleanliness is next to impossible.