[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: mikeyterm

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Sep 18 05:36:50 EDT 2008

This is baloney.  Mike Ward, the author, retained all rights to it, and he
permitted it to be freely distributed.  If Spectrum and/or Zebra asked Mike if
they could distribute it for the cost of media and shipping, I'm sure he said
okay, but that doesn't mean that either of them bought or possessed rights to it
or can inhibit its free distribution.  As Mike expressed it to me, the only
reason he didn't release it to the public domain was that he wanted to be able
to prevent others from being able to sell it at a profit.

Art