[Coco] Paladin's Legacy - An Update

Allan Chaney chaneya at acwoodworksinc.com
Mon Sep 15 21:57:29 EDT 2008

Andrew,

That sounds great!

Your enthusiasm motivated to dig through one of our closests and I found
some tasty old morsels related to my game.  I scanned everything and posted
it on a new website I created this weekend.  Actually it's just a free blog
site but the storage capability serves this purpose very well.  I think it
will be better than e-mailing everything.  Microsoft now provides 5 Gigs
free storage on their Skydrive and so I used it with their Windows Live
Spaces and made a site.  Everything I have except for the Source code files
is on this site free for anyone to download.

If you look at the Files section of the site you will find the following
Folders:
Screen Shots  (Various screen shots of the game)
The Game - What you need to Play (This is everything a person needs to play
the game in windows.)
Rainbow Review and Ad (Just what it says)
Archive Files (bunch of stuff in this folder all listed below)
FixItList - 9 pages of fix it lists (If you look at these notes, it's a
miracle it ever got finished)
LicenseAgreement - The Legal Agreement with Sundog Systems.  I'm not even
sure it's a real contract per say.  Boy those were simpler times. I did
learn while re-reading it that the ownership and thus copyright defaulted
back to me after 8 years or in 1998 so that's good.
MemoryMap - This was the most important document I kept because it shows
where all of the routines are kept in memory along with character stats etc.
MiscNotes - Just some messy scratchings
PaladinDiskImages - Scans of the floppies
Paladins Legacy Review - The review a kind person e-mailed me recently
PublisherLetter - The only letter I kept from my publisher with a bunch of
stuff for me to do and other comments.
QualityCode - I have a "final" print of the main code.  It's about 70 pages
or so. I didn't scan it all.  That would be a huge waste.  It will be better
to just have the .asc files.  However I had to laugh at the first several
pages so I scanned those.  You'll see why I called it "Quality" code. :)

At this point I'm just waiting for Drivewire2.0 and hopefully I can add the
source code to that archive folder.

Feel free to snag whatever you want and use it in your archive.  I look
forward to seeing your efforts once your done.

Here is the website:

http://paladinslegacy.spaces.live.com/

Let me know if you have any trouble with anything on the site.  Or if you
have any suggestions.

Allan