[Coco] Copyrights (My Rant)

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 13:22:11 EDT 2008

Ok, now my $0.02 worth:

Copyrights exist. Some use them for the following reasons: to bottle-up and deny everyone else something that is no longer commercially usefull in fear that it will unravel their new stuff; just because they can; or, because they are plain selfish. Some use them as initially intended.

I cannot determine what Steve's motives are for certain, as i am not Steve.

  I've heard ALL the arguements before of copyright, especially when it comes to "abandonware." WHY cant we just say what we feel one time, and ONLY one time without malice toward anybody, and drop it. If we are to say anything at all why harp and bring out the razor blades???
  IF we, as a group, sidetrack ourselves on constant fighting over (potential) copyright infringement, we alienate ourselves and drive others away. I know this has been an on-going issue, and has had flare-ups within the last month. While it has died down, I still see the grumblings going on. So, PLZ, let's drop it.

  Now that I've said my piece, I'm dropping it. (HOW MANY of you will join me in doing so?)