[Coco] Retro Computers

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 01:27:23 EDT 2008

I'm reading "On The Edge. The Spectacular RIse and Fall of Commodore"

There are many interesting stories about the design of the 6502, 6800, Chuck
Peddle contributing a lot to the 6820, (which is similar to the 6821 in the
Coco).
Also noted are the rivalry between Atari, Apple, Commodore and Tandy, not to
mention many sales & revenue statistics.

While the C64 never had anything as cool as OS9 and it's follow on products
(both HW&SW),  it sold over 30 million units, and has an incredibly powerful
sound chip that
is still inspiring SID-based products today.

Dont want to start any flame wars or tick off anyone, but since we're all
into retro computing one way or another, this book would probably appeal to
many.

Having seen a presentation at The computer History Museum on the 25th
Anniversary of the C64 last year, at which Jack Tramile and others conveyed
a lot of personal tidbits to the audience, I followed up and found this book
on Amazon.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

I feel the need, the NEED TO BOOT Nitros9 ;-)