[Coco] Question about BASIC coding guidelines

John johnguin at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:08:12 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I seem to remember BASIC "coding guidelines" said to initialize and declare
all variables at the beginning of a program.  In addition to making the code
somewhat more readable, I seem to remember some minor performance gains from
this as well (especially if you declared the most often used variables
first).

Anyway, does anyone have any written documentation from any source that
recommends putting the variables first?  I think I may have an old Commodore
book buried somewhere, but was hoping someone here could point me to a
source more quickly.

Thanks,
John Guin