[Coco] Question for Diego

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Wed Oct 22 09:41:08 EDT 2008

Well, it's a bit of a long story.
The local Radio Shack was not an electronic store, was just a computer
store.
In order to increase sales, they were giving lessons there. The first
year, it was just LOGO. I remember that my teacher was a young, pretty
systems ingeneer who was learning just fast enough to stay one step
ahead of us, a bunch of kids 8 to 10 years old.
I became quite a good friend with everyone there (the place was more
like a big office with a workshop than a store) and when the next year
they added an introduction to BASIC to the LOGO class, I was invited to
take it for free.
But the diploma came years latter, when I needed something to show with
a resumee. I went, asked if they could give me some kind of certificate,
and they managed to get this one out. (By that time I had never used a
TRS-80 with "Level II Basic")
I really miss that place and the people.
All of them wearing suits but the tech guy, all very nice to me 'till
the end...

Diego