[Coco] Fun things that can be done with a coco..

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 02:54:19 EDT 2008

From: "George Ramsower" <georgeramsower at gmail.com>
>  A Coco is a very powerful tool!!
>
>  It's not blindingly fast, but it has enough power to operate some things
> faster than needed.
>
>  I have used Cocos to open and close windows in my house, monitor the
> weather, page my beeper(that's an old thing), move objects and even tell me
> when the sun has come up.

Why in the names of Yeshua, Maryam and Giuseppe would you want your computer to tell you when the sun comes up?  The rays blasting through the curtains do that.  Unless you're keeping an exact log that you think your local TV weather reporter is ignoring.

To quote Ambrose Bierce (a much wiser man than either of us) from somewhat over a century back:

DAWN, n.  The time when men of reason go to bed.  Certain old men
prefer to rise at about that time, taking a cold bath and a long walk
with an empty stomach, and otherwise mortifying the flesh.  They then
point with pride to these practices as the cause of their sturdy
health and ripe years; the truth being that they are hearty and old,
not because of their habits, but in spite of them.  The reason we find
only robust persons doing this thing is that it has killed all the
others who have tried it.

Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

"What I know [about the art of the sword] boils down to this:  If you see a guy running at you with a sword, put two rounds in his chest to slow him down, then one into his brain to finish him off".  Aaron Allston, _Sidhe Devil_

The two halves of the ruling Party are arguing over who gets to be the Top this time.  Either wins, Top or Bottom, they both win by the situation.  For us individuals, BOHICA.