[Coco] This tickles me....

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:54:03 EDT 2008

 I'm amused at what sometimes happens here on the Coco list.

 When we begin talking about topics not directly related to COCOS this list
sometimes develops some differences of opinions and escelates into some sour
notes being exchanged.
  It is normal for folks to have disagreements on topics. However, this
shouldn't happen on this Coco list because, most always, the topics aren't
even Coco topics.

 I'm fairly sure this stuff wouldn't happen as often if we could keep the
subjects in line with the directive of this list group.

 It's difficult to argue about how we go about working with a Coco. All the
arguments have been discussed for many years and are finally settled.

 Linux, Microsoft, Apple, IBM, Ford and Chevy and the weather have nothing
to do with this list. Not even politics and the economy have anything to do
with this list.

 What tickles me is when someone says "Shut UP, already!" yhen, suddenly
there is almost no traffic at all. This implies that there is too much
traffic on OFF TOPIC discussions on the Coco listgroup..

 Personally, I wasn't even following the last topic that resulted in sour
notes until just out of curiosity, I opened one of the last messages in that
discussion to find that folks were exchanging very clever blows at each
other. It's sad but, I was impressed how the verbiage was well designed.

 Perhaps we could improve this listgroup if we worked dilligently at trying
to keep it directly related to a Coco.

 I betcha that whatever off topic discussion we get into has a listgroup on
that topic somewhere else, having the same debate.

 I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to find that listgroup, join up
and carry on there.

 Whucha say? Can we work on this?

George