[Coco] SyQuest Procedures

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Mar 30 23:04:05 EDT 2008

Rich,

SuperDriver is where you want to be. Anyone that owns wit will sa it
is by far the best driver ever written for the CoCo. Boisy did a
great job on this. We had quite a few heated discussions over it. :)
He agrees it was the correct direction and even pushed the NitrOS-9
for a change.

well my 1963 model brain doesn't recall what the procedure was on
that driver. My eject? The driver doesn't cache so all writes are performed.

Coming to the fest we can discuss this if you would like.

You do have to very careful on the upgrade. The descriptors changed
between the TC^3 and SuperDriver. Since you aren't formatting you
should be fine. Just make SURE that you turn off the drive query bit
in the TYP, bit7 as I recall. Should be an $81 for SCSI ID 0, no auto
query. If this bit is on and you FORMAT the drive ever it will ask
the drive for the  geometry of the drive and format accordingly. This
will OVERWRITE your HDB-DOS partition.
Not desired.

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,