[Coco] Frustrated in Seattle

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 21:11:06 EDT 2008

Are you covering both sides of the hole (top & bottom)?

When I first tried doing this, I covered the hole in the top side of the disk with electrical tape, assuming it would work. Turns out my drive had a pin that stuck up from the bottom, so my tape was useless. So I put the tape on both sides and the disk worked.

After a while I sterted getting errors and noticed that the tape was sinking into the hole due to the tiny but constant pressure from the switch. So if I must block a hole now, I fill it with a drop of hot-melt glue (keeping that corner down so it can't drip onto the media) and then cover the glued hole with tape to block optical sensors.

Bob