[Coco] Frustrated in Seattle

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:25:13 EDT 2008

I'm using new cables created by Mark at Cloud-9
The cable I am trying first, has a 5.25 connector at the end and a 3.5
connector in the middle. No pins are missing or swapped.
I am testing with the 5.25" as /d0 (using /dd40 and /d040) and the 3.25
as /d1 (using /d180)
The 3.25 drive has a terminating resistor pak installed.
It is my understanding that DS0 and DS1 are selected by the controller
and not the "wire swapping" like is done on MS-DOS. When I use my 5.25
configurations, the cables are "straight thru" and the actual drives are
jumpered as DS0 and DS1, so I assumed that the same configuration would
work on the 3.25 drives.

Ed