[Coco] Fw: [6502ag] 65C02 based SBC with USB link

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Mar 30 18:48:05 EDT 2008

USB!!!

Which Bay area, Mine?
SHF

----- Original Message -----
From: erturkk
To: 6502ag at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:52 PM
Subject: [6502ag] 65C02 based SBC with USB link

Hi everybody,

Back in the good days, I did a lot of assembly on the 65c02 on C64 and Oric.
I never
worked on the 6809 so I built a very simple board that uses the FTDI
parallel-to-usb
chip. 6809 is an amazing chip.

Anyway, I still love 65C02 :) The reason for this post is, I did the board
in the ExpressPCB
mini-board service, which means 3 boards for $52, arrives in 2 days. This is
very cheap,
but of course the board area is limited. See my website to get an idea of
what components
fit on it.

www.anynewgizmos.com

if people want to build boards themselves, I can replace the 6809 with a
65C02 and post
the design files on my website. It can be a good weekend project for me.

The I/O on this board can be done by soldering headers on the RAM chip. I
was able to do
an eeprom programmer this way (pictures also posted).

I am curious if this would help the people who are interested (currently
have a backlog of
interesting projects on my list, along with the chores of a family :). I
understand some of
the fun on 65c02 is actually building the sbc itself.

Btw, are there any meetings/get-togethers for hacking 65c02? i live in the
bay area.

Let me know.

thanks,

Erturk