[Coco] maps

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jul 27 15:38:54 EDT 2008

At 01:35 PM 7/27/2008, you wrote:
>At 01:05 PM 7/27/2008, you wrote:
>>I do when I kill it, reload, and use the plus button instead of the scroll
>>wheel.  Apparently when you zoom using the wheel, it zooms centered on the
>>pointer rather that the entered co-ordinates.  With a 60-70 foot wingspan its
>>too big to be a twin beech & a little too small to be a convair 580.  With
>>the tail out of place, its hard to ID for sure.
>
>Every now and then on blogs and assorted sites, people will post the
>links to Google map coordinates you can zoom in on to find interesting objects.
>I found that one pretty interesting.  The owners of the plane (if
>they survived) might not even know the image is there.  It looks
>like a "safe" landing to me, seeing that the plane just cleared some
>land and almost hit the other land across the small body of water.

I think I found an extra hobby  :)

Here's another example...
It's somebody about ~20 miles from the plane crash.  Just keep
zooming until you see it.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=27.412442,-81.277169&spn=71.456872,151.171875&z=3

I imagine that without an established database of cool Earth sites
and objects to see on this map, that finding things on your own would
be like finding a minnow in the ocean.  However, I did find the ski
boat by mistake.  You can even see that it was a windy day on the water.

Hey, somebody put a CoCo out in their backyard and give us the coordinates.