[Coco] TC-9

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Jul 7 16:23:19 EDT 2008

I recall the TC-9 using the GIME. The reason was for 100% OS-9 Level II
compatibility, and there was hope for some DECB 2.1 compatibility (CoCo
3 only). The later never occurred, too many hardware differences I
think. Easy enough to tweak an OS-9 driver for minor differences, DECB
was harder to patch.

There's an interview with Frank Hogg and I think a pic of a TC-9 in
"Tandy's Little Wonder", downloadable from the maltedmedia site
(ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/Farna/Tandy's%20Little%20Wonder/Cocobook-TLW2.pdf).
I recorded a conversation with Frank Hogg about his CoCo involvement and
wrote the article from that interview tape. Wish I still had the
original cassette!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"