[Coco] Techrepublic Rocks !!!!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Apr 30 16:03:44 EDT 2008

At 02:52 PM 4/30/2008, you wrote:

>Went to watch a video today about creating a USB bootable thumb drive.  So,
>the guy is talking along and mentions "1st, you need a PC with a bios." and
>as he is talking a CoCo appears on the screen.  Obviously not the type you
>need for the task but it was cool to see.  Go watch and see for yourself...
>

>Tom
>

>http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/itdojo/?p=108

Wow.  And they put a big red circle/X through the CoCo, too.   Like
somebody is going to go out and look for a CoCo to do all that XP stuff.  :)

I'm actually going to watch the rest of the video later since I'm
dabbling in USB/CF bootable CoCo emulation, where you would be able
to take a virtual CoCo in your pocket when you leave town, head over
to the friends house, etc.,  pop a USB dongle in their PC and boot
right into a CoCo with all the historical software right there.  My
2gig CF card is nowhere close to running out of room.  It already
allows an IA-1 unit to boot right into Keil's emulator, thanks to the
help of a few others who helped me with that project.  Still, I like
the idea of the USB stick better.