[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 14:37:21 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Diego Barizo wrote:
>I was thinking more on programs that run in OS-9, but not on NitrOS-9.

That should work, with possibly a <10% speed improvement.

>Maybe it's just that I haven't been able to get them to run...
>Most of the times I just try booting from NOS-9, and try to load the
>program from the original application disk, that probably came with a
>customized boot for OS-9.

That is quite often the case, there might be drivers in their customized boot
that are not in your nitros9 boot.  vfy or ident should show those diffs
though, and another boot might be constructed to add the missing stuff.

ISTR there was a 1 byte patch to runb that played a minor role in this too,
but I can't recall the details now.  Perhaps someone else can find that?