[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Tue Apr 29 13:48:26 EDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 8:46 AM, Diego Barizo wrote:

> I was thinking more on programs that run in OS-9, but not on NitrOS-9.
> Maybe it's just that I haven't been able to get them to run...
> Most of the times I just try booting from NOS-9, and try to load
> the program from the original application disk, that probably came
> with a customized boot for OS-9.
>
> Diego

Diego,

The only problem I could envision with OS-9 programs not running
properly on NitrOS-9 has to do with calling OS-9 commands via fork,
etc. For example if the program called 'Dir e', while NitrOS-9 uses
'Dir -e', some problems could arise. I'm suspecting, although its
been quite a while, that some BBS programs might have those sorts of
problems. I know some programs for StG BBS called standard OS-9
commands, so if the syntax has changed....

Dean