[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Apr 29 12:16:18 EDT 2008

At 11:48 PM 4/28/2008, you wrote:
>With NitrOS-9, I'm sure that the CoCo community has the best OS ever
>for any 8-bit computer.
>But an OS without the right software to run in it, it's not very useful.
>That's why I would like to add a list of 3rd party software that
>runs in NitrOS-9 (not just OS-9, it has to run in NitrOS-9).
>If you wrote, sold, sell, or just like any such program, could you
>let me know which one it is? (And maybe how to get it, install it...)
>I've been going through the maltedmedia and RTSI FTP sites, but
>trying to figure out what is what, copying it to disks, and then
>finding out how that program works, can be a lot to do...
>
>Diego

I'd like to know if my QWKSort program for OS-9 ever made to the web
from the BBS days.  I don't think I ever uploaded it anywhere on the
web and might not even have a copy for myself or the source unless I
recover my old 42meg OS-9 L2 HD.

I wrote QWKSort to take QWK BBS mail packets and sort them so they
would work from within Scribe.  A lot of times the mail file had gaps
in it with null entries, and the mail reader for OS-9 would choke and
you'd miss some categories and messages.  QWKSort crunched the file
and may have also reindexed it, but it's been so long I can't recall
what all I did.