[Coco] Space Quest - The Lost Chapter in a Coco 3 near you

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Sun Apr 27 10:21:32 EDT 2008

> I think in the 80's Sierra was ahead of their time with this game format.
>
> So really one could take an existing game and completely redesign it to a
> new game, which could be the answer for those who are having trouble with
> 6809 machine language and so forth.

Absolutely, you could develop all kinds of games. You are not limited to
adventure games. It is possible to develop action games using this engine
but unfortunately I think it would be too slow for the coco.

> My thing with the OS-9 based Sierra games was the character walked a bit
> too slow for me, but I still spent a lot of time in KQ3 just trying to
> solve it.

Do you know you can change the speed of the game by accessing the menu
(Control-Break)? You can also set the fastest speed by typing "fastest" on
the command line. This is true for almost all AGI games.

> I remember the walk-thru I had didn't quite work for me for some reason.

Maybe you should try with another walkthrough. I have put my coco
walkthroughts online at:
http://goyim.dyndns.org:8080/coco/Walkthroughs/

Good luck!

Guillaume