[Coco] Space Quest - The Lost Chapter in a Coco 3 near you

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 26 23:34:28 EDT 2008

At 10:09 PM 4/26/2008, you wrote:
> > What editor is being used to do these extended games?  Keep'em coming!  :)
> >
> > I've noticed an AGI editor in the available packages for Fedora 9 Linux.
> > Is this the same type of engine used to make these extended games or
> > chapters?
> > Could someone go into Kings Quest III and change things around?... and for
> > the other Sierra games?
>
>I use WinAGI GDS to modify existing games to make them compatible with the
>coco AGI interpreter. Another good editor is AGI Studio which is also
>available for Linux. All AGI Sierra games like King's Quest and Space Quest
>can be modified using these editors. You can change pictures, sprites,
>sounds, scripts and objects used in the game.
>
>Guillaume

I think in the 80's Sierra was ahead of their time with this game format.

So really one could take an existing game and completely redesign it
to a new game, which could be the answer for those who are having
trouble with 6809 machine language and so forth.

My thing with the OS-9 based Sierra games was the character walked a
bit too slow for me, but I still spent a lot of time in KQ3 just
trying to solve it.  I remember the walk-thru I had didn't quite work
for me for some reason.