[Coco] off topic......Earthquake

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Apr 19 10:19:51 EDT 2008

From: Nuxie at aol.com
> Hey Yall ! I know some of you felt that big shaker that came through here
> this morning. I just wanted to make sure my fellow coconuts were ok. the first
> one was only 45 miles from me and it came and lasted about 45 seconds. No one
> had any damage in my area though. There was also about 7 aftershocks i only
> felt  about 5 of them though. One of them was pretty strong. News says people
> up in  michigan and down in atlanta felt it? So who lives where and did you
> feel it. I  also heard there was one in Nevada 5 minutes before ours at 4:41
> this
>  morning.
>
> Mary

'Twere only a 5.4 or something.  I'm from Los Angeles even though I've been stuck in New Jersey for over a decade and a half..  On the epicenter of a 5.9, (been there) I roll to the center of the bed (still asleep) so if the bookshelves fall over they don't fall on me.  And I keep sleeping.  An earthquake has to have some real magnitude before I notice.  And I can't conceive of folks in Atlanta feeling that puny quake as hard as they feel the traffic passing the Varsity on I-75/85.

News says all kinds of stuff.  15 years ago today they said the feral government was OK for burning a bunch of women and children at Mount Laurel.  Well, the government did it, it must of been legal.

Of course, today is also the anniversary of a few anti-government actions, such as the Battles at Lexington and Concord and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.

Don't mind me.  April 19th makes my head go sort of weird, philosophically and politically.  I've still got a bunch of Color Computer hardware taking up more of the basement than La Esposa approves of.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965>