[Coco] FW: NEW 360k 5.25 Floppy Drive (Black Bezel) for sale!

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 01:04:50 EDT 2008

Yep good plan.  As for me, my CoCo 2 was the first computer I ever had and
what I first learned programming on.  I've done some minor mods such as
replacing the 6809 (defective halt line) with Cloud-9's Pro-Tector module
and a Hitachi 68B09E (Have 10 extras plus a Hitachi 68C09E), added a second
5.25 drive (from PC-XT) to my FD-502 enclosure, and modded the FD-502 EPROM
to access all sides of both drives and 6ms step rates... Other than these
things, it's still original.  I do have a old Pentium tower with Win'98 that
has a good 5.25 1.2MB drive on it.  I use it to archive the .DSK images for
my CoCo.  In addition, they are backed up on an old QIC-80 tape drive.  I
only use the PC for backup/restore of images and for extraction of files
with the purpose of printing them since I don't have a working printer to
hook up directly to the CoCo.

Basically, I'm trying to keep it true to original form as much as possible.
I even use DECB the majority of the time, even to do my budgeting (Good
excuse to use the CoCo and break from my main AMD6000 Dual Core 3Ghz machine
:)

My primary concern is making sure I can keep my CoCo setup in full working
order and as close as possible to its original form.  To that end I've
collected, in addition to the processors, 4 5.25-inch 360k black-bezel
drives and almost 200 5.25-inch DSDD disks (most are still new and still in
the wrap)

Perhaps one day it may be committed to a professional collector or museum
type setting. In the mean time, I'll hang on to my CoCo and the personal
attachment I've maintained for the past 20 years....here's to the next 20 :)

"You have to commit yourself to using technology most would consider archaic
in order to truly appreciate that which is at the cutting edge of modern
innovations." - C. H.