[Coco] Hard drive trouble

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:52:16 EDT 2008

Byte $22 is part of the descriptor name. The last byte of the name always
has its high bit set, so "1" == $31 becomes $B1

One thing to be aware of is that the names of the settings in the descriptor
as printed by DMODE may *NOT* be what the driver uses them for. A DNS
setting for a hard drive is fairly meaningless, so I suspect it is actually
used for something else.

Questions come to mind:
1. Which driver are you using? (eg, name etc)
2. Do you know that the driver supports multiple drives?
3. Do you have any kind of documentation to help you set it up?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.