[Coco] CoCo 3 FPGA?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jul 30 20:35:23 EDT 2007

On 28 Jul 2007 at 14:43, Mike Pepe wrote:

> If we're making a whole new architecture, adding a blitter or a real
> DMA controller wouldn't be out of the question. That would offload at
> least some of the video chores from the CPU.
>
> My personal opinion though would be to limit it to 15/16 bit color. At
> least those pixels would fit in one 16 bit register nicely. :)

Irregardless of how the hardware is updated, if there is no one to update the software all the
hardware will be but a waste of time. I came to that conclusion over a year ago.

Hardware is nice but without the software it is useless.

Anything above what the Coco does now will requ ire at least OS9/Nitros9 to be upgraded.
Also it woould even be nice to look at SECB also. This is major undertaking.

james