[Coco] Question about the PIA RAM Size input

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon Apr 30 13:19:58 EDT 2007

Also, important to note in the CoCo 3, it is pulled high with a 4.7k
resistor and is connected to pb6 of the keyboard pia (since ramsize
isn't used in CoCo 3). Perhaps a better pin to use would be pin 10 of
the coco 3 rgb connector. it is connected to pb3 of the 6821 and is
held high by a 4.7k resistor. it's intended purpose was to allow auto
detection of an RGB monitor, but wasn't implemented for some reason. It
is initially an input. on coco 1 and 2's it was connected to css of the
6847, but since the coco 3 has no 6847, it was available for other use.
Another method of control would be using the cassette relay to activate
a circuit to control something else. -r