[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Manney mannslists at invigorated.org
Sun Apr 29 16:35:43 EDT 2007

Frank Pittel wrote:

>> I'm still amazed that Fedora is distributed as a DVD. I still remember
>> back in the RedHat 6 days of really only one CD (of a total of 3 CDs?).
>
> You can still get Fedora on cd's if you want. I'd rather download the dvd
> then have to swap cd's. I also currently have 5 machines at home running
> linux. I would rather download the software once and then install from the
> single dvd then have all 5 machines trying to download the images 5 times.
>
> If you don't want to download the dvd you can buy one from cheapbytes.com for
> less then $10.

I was referring to the size of the standard install. The good thing
about a one CD install is that when it's done you have a workable system
off of a CD. No time wasted downloading 5 or 6 CDs or a DVD and then
getting to install (which may take more time because of the 3.3 Gb).
Orrrr, no time or money wasted waiting for CheapBytes (whom I've ordered
from before) to send you the disc. I don't care what distro you use, it
just makes more sense, IMHO. There's less of what you don't want and
less time to install. :)

You're going to have to update and then install other packages once you
get a working system anyway, so why not go light?

-M.