[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sun Apr 29 15:01:39 EDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 07:05:35PM +0100, Manney wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> >>Yikes! 3.3 Gig? Anyone know any other distro that makes you download a
> >>DVD's worth?
> >>
> >>So far, I'm happy downloading a CD ISO (~700 Meg) for a Debian (Ubuntu
> >>specifically) based install. If something is missing from the install, I
> >>just grab (apt-get) it once the install is finished. Seems the easiest
> >>way to go for me and I get it in 30-45 minutes. :)
> >>
> >You are aware that the full debian distro is about 28 cd's worth?
>
> Yes. I'm aware that if you're crazy you can download all of that. :)
>
> Or, you can download the one install CD, install Debian / Ubuntu, and
> then apt-get anything else that you want. It means being able to
> download the install disk in 30 - 45 mins. (depending on your connection
> speed) as opposed to 3 - 5 hours. (Or in Roger's case 10 hours?)
>
> I'm still amazed that Fedora is distributed as a DVD. I still remember
> back in the RedHat 6 days of really only one CD (of a total of 3 CDs?).

You can still get Fedora on cd's if you want. I'd rather download the dvd
then have to swap cd's. I also currently have 5 machines at home running
linux. I would rather download the software once and then install from the
single dvd then have all 5 machines trying to download the images 5 times.

If you don't want to download the dvd you can buy one from cheapbytes.com for
less then $10.

Frank